Why Bridge the Pond program was a valuable experience?

When Juha-Pekka Lehtonen, one of the leading teachers of the Bridge the Pond program, first introduced the program to us, I decided that I want to participate. It sounded like a perfect opportunity to make an impact and to meet new people. Precisely what this project has been all the way. I have liked our Zoom meetings, and I have found it interesting to consider the ways we could develop distance learning further. 

I believe that we succeeded very well in writing down the problems there are in distance learning and also in giving recommendations on how to improve distance learning. We worked together online, even outside of the official meetings. It was great to meet people from another culture who were as motivated about this project. From this experience, I can say that I have learned more about collaboration, distance learning, and it’s problems, and also a little something about the United States of America as a country.


We will have our last official meeting on Tuesday 15th of December, where Christopher and I present our resolution to the whole project group and also to some external parties who influence distance learning. We have already carefully prepared our presentation. I look forward to Tuesday, and I hope it goes well. 


To anyone who has the opportunity to take part in international collaborations between students, I can say that you should participate. This journey has been an exciting and mind-opening experience. I have enjoyed our international cooperation. I am sure that many other students would enjoy similar international collaborations. No one should hesitate to participate in one!




Comments